View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
user123
Banned

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z SR M6
user123 is on a distinguished road
Question Rattle/Buzzing/Vibration Exhaust?

Hello,

i have a 2019 370z 6 speed with Art Test pipes, XZY Y pipe and ISR Single exit.

I'm having a horrible rattling/buzzing noise around 3k and up. Its consistent with the Revs. The higher the revs the louder the buzz or rattle. It sounds like thin sheet metal vibrating against each other. The sound to my ears seems to be coming from the trunk area. It's a very loud buzz. It only happens under load. If i'm just revving in Neutral then there is no noise.

I've removed all trunk plastics. Tied down and properly secured all harnesses. Some of the plastic trim clips were causing a horrible buzz between 2-3k but that has been solved. I'm still going to use some sound deadening and ensolite foam sheets to do the whole trunk and then put all the interior plastics back.

Anyone have any idea what the hell is this annoying metallic buzzing? Can it be the Y pipe hitting the W brace under the car?

I've adjusted the trunk latch and U-bolt and i've done about every fix i could find in the rattle thread. The interior plastics are not the issue anymore, it is definetly something to do with the exhaust since it only happens under load.
user123 is offline   Reply With Quote