View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 06:14 PM   #874 (permalink)
-ZS-Carpenter
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 370z 6MT
-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
I decided to try out my ecutek launch control today. Found a nice secluded parking lot, and turned off traction control. My first launch was at 4000 rpm. It launched hard but immediately popped out of gear. I then set the launch at 3500 rpm and tried it again. This time, as soon I launched it, it spun the tires, started to get some wheel hop and popped put of gear again. I wonder if the way the linkage is set up on the coolerworx shifter that it pops out of gear when the trans get's jarred from a hard launch. I do have the Z1 poly mount.

The second launch, the slip and abs lights came on and it threw a P0117 code which I was able clear right away with ecutek dongle.

Good thing I didn't set this up to be a drag racer.
Try at a much lower rpm. Unless you have a good surface and hot tires it's kinda pointless but sti fun to play with

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk