View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugoneus View Post
Dear members,

I just discovered this forum while searching the net for the difference between the 2010 and 2009 models of the 370Z.

I have spent 3 hours reading different posts and I would like to thank everyone for contributing so much to this place.

I learned about the oil heating up problem, etc...

I just graduated from university, Ph.D. in electrical engineering and I can finally afford to buy this car I have been lusting over for years!

Do you guys recommend that I get a new 2009 model (to save some money) or go for the 2010 model. What is your experience with driving this car in the city? I live in NJ and as you know it does get cold here, how bad is this car in the snow? I am thinking of getting the manual. Also, I have never seen a 370Z in the streets here!

Any advice would be much appreciated!
'09 is same as 2010. I bought the '09 and saved some money a few months ago but I hear you can even buy a 2010 close to invoice these days. Don't over pay. Excellent prices are available. Even drive a little to save a lot at a dealer an hour or two away. I wouldn't drive the Z in snow or ice. It can be dangerous. I have a winter car for that purpose. I have the automatic Z with paddle shifters to simulate a manual transmission. Ideal if you drive in the city a lot. I'm pleased with the car despite a few relatively minor nuisance issues bothering what appears to be a modest percentage of the units (not mine---yet, anyway). Plan on getting a clear bra, as the Z sits low, paint is said to be soft and it chips easily.
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote