View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 06:06 PM   #124 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

dtman and Cryogenius,

Guys! Thanks for posting the pictures. I can't tell you how much that is going to help people out.

Watching this Roadster section of the forum since 2017 I been able to piece together from many sources that MOST of the top issues out there are about the top striking the storage compartment door (the other way around) on opening (new bungee cord design seems to solve that issue so far), and top inoperable due to pinched broken wires somewhere on the driver's side harness at the hinge.

But NOW ... everyone knows where to start looking for the broken wires due to your help, and Top Hydraulics with Karl in Oregon and his top repair videos on YouTube.

I'm going to open my top part way shortly (still in the 40 degree range here) and check that section of the harness to see if its folding underneath a hinge or an arm that might be pinching it. Perhaps using some tape or such could pull it slightly in another direction out of harms way. I'll have to see and report back.

The more we know .... the better to make the repairs ourselves and save big dollars.

Gene

Last edited by gbhrps; 04-08-2020 at 06:10 PM.
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote