Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 04:45 PM   #1268 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
What I've been reading. Once on a ventilator, the survival rate isn't all that great. Anywhere from 66% to 97% death rate. Depending on which report you read.
The reason why my friend is in an induced coma is because of the ventilator. Apparently he was fighting it, it’s extremely uncomfortable. (Ya think)? They knock you out and insert ventilator, once awake, if you fight it, they will induce a coma. He’s been on it for a week now, and from what his wife told me, it’s not looking promising. The odds are against him. It’s pretty much come down to a higher being or a miracle...

As some background of how FU this virus is, he went to bed perfectly healthy and woke up 6 hours later “achy”. 2 hours later he complained that it felt like he had broken glass in his lungs. An hour later, he was quarantined in the hospital. A couple of hours later he’s in a coma. As bad as I feel for him I feel 1000x worse for his wife. She can’t see him, talk to him, say her goodbyes, nothing...