Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 04:23 PM   #1266 (permalink)
asht
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
asht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Well, if one has to be on ventilator, the symptoms must've been quite severe.

With the shortage of space/bed/medical workers, seems like the word "mild" has a new meaning. I don't know if it's just certain countries or what, but one case that I read, "mild" is when a patient does not require hospitalization.

Symptoms that would normally be called severe are no longer considered all that special. Example, extreme shortness of breath and fatigue, wife's cousin in his 30's can't even walk down the stairs without huffing and puffing, needing to lay down to recoup. Lost of smell and taste, fever and cough for days, diarrhea, shortness of breath and fatigue, and he's just battling it at home in isolation. No previous health condition, non smoker, healthy guy. Fortunately, seems like the worst is behind him now.

The cousin's symptoms match that of a retired Olympic swimmer's (in his late 30's now) recount of his covid19 journey. And the swimmer's symptoms were classified as "mild" in his country. Crazy

Boris isn’t on a ventilator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
asht is offline   Reply With Quote