View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 12:58 PM   #311 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
What? You're not a pro welder by now?

I know, shocker right?!? Don't worry I welded some tabs last night. They are functionally sound, but man... everyone is a pro welder apparently telling me how shitty they look.

Speaking of that, I mounted my Intercoolers last night. The piping will be the easiest I've ever seen for a cold side. The tabs I welded will be gone over to make them look nice (even though no one will see them). I had a sense of pride after I took a raw chunk of metal and made it functional.

I ended up cutting some slots in the tab so I can move around the intercooler for a little adjustment. I'm going to add two top support straps that will pull the A2W IC away from the radiator.

A couple people brought up concerns about airflow on the radiator. I'm not terrible worried about that. I can add a spal brushless fan and get a nice Ron Davis radiator later. I'm curious as to what stock will do for now. I'll just make a mental note to watch the temps. Worst case scenario is relocating the radiator to the rear of the car. I'd rather not do that because of additional work at this point and the added cost of AN fittings can easily be 1000 dollars extra.

The first picture shows my harness wiring came in from MS3. I also ordered 8 EGT bungs for my exhaust manifold . Unfortunately the first order got lost in transit so MS3 had to make a claim against the shipping company, which had a bunch of other orders heading to the shop. Someone had a bad day because it was about 8 thousand dollars worth of electronics and wiring. Back to the EGT bungs, my order had the last set of 8 and I'm waiting for another batch. who knows when I will get them.

Main take away. Two tabs had many steps. I was at the shop for hours last night.

Last edited by gbrettin; 04-07-2020 at 01:31 PM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote