View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 08:03 PM   #135 (permalink)
viragoboy
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z
viragoboy has a reputation beyond reputeviragoboy has a reputation beyond reputeviragoboy has a reputation beyond reputeviragoboy has a reputation beyond reputeviragoboy has a reputation beyond reputeviragoboy has a reputation beyond reputeviragoboy has a reputation beyond reputeviragoboy has a reputation beyond reputeviragoboy has a reputation beyond reputeviragoboy has a reputation beyond reputeviragoboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
So you applied the cleaning product the second time and then finally applied the coating? And you're saying the coating application was difficult to apply without splotches?

I am very interested to know if the splotchiness goes away or remains there more than a few days. And of course, in for the longer term results as well
Yes, applied cleaner twice. The instructions are pretty clear and point out that the coating should be applied shortly after the cleaner or have to start over. Thinking about it now it probably would have turned out better (less splotchy) if I hadn't applied it sparingly. I was afraid if I ran out then I'd be SOL.

Anyways, definitely not a UV issue in my case since the car has been garaged for 10 years with only 50k miles. I bought a few of these to soak up the humidity in the car, unfortunately too late:

https://www.amazon.com/Eva-dry-333-R.../dp/B00LVN7BM0