View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom_O370
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z MB A7
Tom_O370 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation HELP: Rough Startups

I've been having a little issue with my car starting up, If the car sits after being driven overnight or for a few hours it will turn over pretty easily. But if the car sits for 30 minutes to 2 hours after being driven, it takes a few seconds to turn over and when it does its very hesitant in doing so. Also, i want to mention that after being started, then turned off, and started again, it will start right up.

After doing some digging on the forums and research of my own, so far i have replaced the battery, cleaned the battery terminals, put in new spark plugs, cleaned the MAF sensors, cleaned the throttle bodies and did all the throttle relearns but none of those seemed to work. As far as the starter goes, I don't think that'd be the issue because it cranks the engine just fine.

From what I found on the forums and from talking to my mechanic buddy, it seems to come down to fuel delivery being the issue. I don't think it'd be the fuel pump because the car performs just fine. One theory I came up with is that the fuel injectors are leaking and the reason it turns over just fine after sitting for a while is because the fuel has a time to evaporate and therefore is easier for the spark to ignite the leaked fuel. It could also be a fuel pressure issue or even a faulty sensor.

If you guys could help me out and give me some ideas of what the issue might be that would be awesome!

FIXED: REPLACED OEM INJECTORS

Last edited by Tom_O370; 03-15-2022 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Tom_O370 is offline   Reply With Quote