View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #9385 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Same here

Someone who isn't obligated to give, yet does anyway, and then takes away their gift for no reason other than to prove a point to someone else is a dìck. No one yet has convinced me otherwise.
I get your perspective. I don't personally agree with it and in fact, if the story is to be taken literally, I think it might be worth any loss to actually get a chance to question God; but I see your argument and think you raise a good point.

That's where arguing morality with a deity gets tricky though, right? A proponent of the way Job plays out could state "well God knew what was going to happen, and good came from out. Therefore, we argue from our limited perspectives, bound by time. In the context of the infinite, this was worthwhile."

An opponent could argue this is just splitting hairs, and something which causes any harm can never be justified.

Thanks for the discussion - time for me to get a coffee.