View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #9378 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
You're ignoring key elements in the Job scenario...

So let's compare it to giving a piece of candy to a young kid who is on a playground with a bully who you know is going to take the candy from the kid. But you give the kid the candy anyway and then look away. That's on you, as you are a grown adult who is aware of the situation.
I'm not ignoring key elements, but your basic argument is flawed. You're again saying that in this scenario, I'm giving something to someone. I'm not. I'm permitting someone to acquire property, unmolested, and protecting them during those transactions. I don't owe it to them, I don't have to do it, but I'm doing it anyway because I want to. At a certain point, I either no longer want to or have other motivation to not do so.

1) I'm not obligated.
2) We had no agreement that I'd protect you, I just did it.
3) I am aware that harm is going to befall you, in the way that harm befalls anyone who is a part of this life. That's a part of life.

(btw, I argue the point because I find it interesting to hear other people's perspectives. Job is always a fascinating topic.)