View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 12:26 AM   #500 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingston View Post
And I've still not seen one yet.
You're not missing out. Think of a Z4 with different head/tail lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
Without a question I would take the new based on what Ive read and in comparison to the older model its quite an improvement. Some good reading here about the new one. Multiple links with articles. This is a good review overall of the car. One of the best Ive seen in the motoring press around the world.

From the Lightning Lap data. Impressive overall I think!! - 2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Lap Time: 3:01.4

Through sweeping combinations, the Toyota Supra skates from track edge to track edge with the deftness of a lighter car. Slightly soft by today's standards, the suspension moves around under duress, but it communicates how close the driver is to the limit in a way the steering doesn't. In the 13 years of Lightning Lap, only two cars have run faster with less power: the Ariel Atom 3 and the KTM X-Bow, which are essentially go-karts with fun-size curb weights.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/
I would hope the current model of any car is an improvement compared to its predecessor. Unfortunately, IMO, Toyota teaming up with BMW is a big no-no and a no-go in my book. Car for car, I think the 4th gen supra looks better and has a lot more potential than the 5th gen.

Again, this is my opinion and I am biased on my views.