View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
south
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Yellow 6Mt
south is on a distinguished road
Default Gallery Gasket Replacament.

Hey so I currently have an 2009 370z with 87k miles. I just recently installed an oil pressure gauge to make sure that my oil pressure was good. Installed it about a week ago now, at first my pressure at idle at a little over 180 temperature it was idling at 18-20psi. Today i was driving home(it was hot af out today, NY weather) and i was stopped at a light and it was idling from 15-16psi with a hotter temperature. I know nissan rated the HR/VHR motors for anything over 14psi you should be solid. The first thing i'm going to do tomorrow is go over the car and make sure there isn’t any oil leaks (just installed a mishimoto sandwich plate adapter so i can wire rhe gauge up.) Now if that isn’t the case i’m going to go about swapping the gallery gasket. Everything for me should be relatively easy, (taking front end off, radiator, condenser, timing cover, and chain off) My only worry is putting the chain back on in the right spot. Now is there any advice anyone here could give me? As to putting the chain back together with the guides and whatnot? Is it the same concept as doing a serpentine belt? Using a pulley to put the chain back in the correct position to where the marks line up? Also what are the proper torque specs for the upper and lower gaskets? One more thing, is there anything else that I would need besides just the gasket and some sealant? Im going with the upgraded EPS Tuning gaskets considering its only $60. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by south; 04-01-2020 at 06:31 PM.
south is offline   Reply With Quote