Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 05:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

I get it is very expensive, but it is a very dangerous game to let them into your country and let them turn you guys into their muppet. Europe, Canada and Australia don't have the economy to fight them off as easily as the US, but they really should try for their own good. The HK protests and the Wuhan virus are completely exposed the CCP, hopefully when all is set and done people will be done with them. Boris Johnson is regretting his decision with Huawei now, the idiot thought China was being honest about their number. He is looking like a complete moron, like usual.

I should add the past year China also got exposed pretty badly on their economy. Everyone is afraid to mess with them, but they are really not as big or as strong as you think. If anything, now it is the time to put pressure and fight back. The sad part is that a lot of politicians either have financial interest or they are so worried about the next election that they would rather sell their soul to China in order to be happy for the next 5 years.

I almost forgot about their mortgage crisis and their famous empty highrises. They are so desperate now that they are selling houses online and have suspended auditing for publicly traded stocks.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
I'm not supporting them, or wanting to let the lady go.
I'd just wish that the extradition would get over with. And pointing out that we have taken a stand to side with law and order and our friends to the south (despite assertions from time to time that we don't).

To me, the actions taken by the Xi regime in support of the company prove the very connection that the company's founder so vehemently denies.

I only hope that our nation has the sense to block them out of the 5G build here, although several of our carriers here have signed expressions of interest to proceed with Huawei. We have a more unique situation than you down there - a larger land mass to cover (and 5G infrastructure is expensive from what I understand - much more cells than 4G / LTE), but 1/10 the population to pay for it. I think that China sees this as their way to buy off our nation in a manner not that dissimilar to their approach in sub-Saharan Africa.

Last edited by cossie1600; 04-01-2020 at 05:56 PM.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote