View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBallZ View Post
I have gotten a few mods for my car and the last piece for me as iv been reading on is a tune.

Right now I have borla catback/k&n Typhoon CAI/and some art pipes being installed soon.

When I go to a tuner. What am I to ask for? Also what would seem to be a reasonable price in the southeast USA.
Chances are pretty good that when you work with a tuner for this platform, you'll want either an Ecutek or UpRev tune. 99% of people will fall into these 2 tuning suites. If you're not one of them you're either vastly over qualified to be in this thread, or vastly under qualified to own a car - looking at you Bullydog tuner kids! If you're planning on staying naturally aspirated (no turbo/supercharger), UpRev is fine. Otherwise, ask for EcuTek which has better control over fuel tables. Assuming you pick a tuner familiar with this car, you'll also likely tell them your mod list and that should give them a good starting point.

With most tuners, a lot of your price will be the software license. Expect $650 - 800 for it, not counting tuning time. Good luck!