View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyz View Post
... used a pin to put in the steering lock wire, and got it to turn on. Then I removed the steering lock fuse on ACC mode after seeing it in the forums, put everything back together.
Did you verify that the steering wheel would turn?

If the locking pin did not retract far enough to actuate some switches, removing the fuse won't do any good. The steering wheel unlocking doesn't mean that everything is OK with the ESCL - the locking pin has to retract fully before it hits the switches - but it's an indication that it's trying and you have a slim chance of eventually getting the pin into the proper position. IIRC, the pin-to-wire trick tells the computer that the switches are in the proper position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyz View Post
But my car is still not sensing my key (key sign shows), and the car still does NOT start. (Also, I noticed two beeping noises made every minute near the frontend). I have no clue what to do at this point, any help will be appreciated. Thank you
First thing I'd do is check the fob battery. Personally, the batteries aren't that expensive, so I'd change it "just because."

The Owner's Manual should tell you what the beeps mean. If you didn't get a hard copy with your Z, you can download a PDF from Nissan's web site.