Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 09:49 PM   #1028 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
... The mayor has to ask the governor ... Then has to ask the president to declare a disaster. ... IF the governor drags his feet. The president can't do anything until the governor declares a disaster. If the president does act before the governor. The president just stepped over his power. ...
I would like to believe that Congress, POTUS, FEMA, et al, will learn from this experience and streamline the process so that there are not so many delays next time ... but I really don't see it happening. The basic framework appears to be there but it needs some tweaking. It will take much wisdom and a willingness to do what is right for The Country to balance citizen vs state vs federal rights and responsibilities during a big emergency. I haven't seen much of either in Washington lately.

You folks in California, the Gulf Coast, NYC, and other places prone to disasters should be marching in the streets (as soon as the quarantine is over) to get this crap straightened out.