Thread: Tips and Tricks
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
There's not much of a trick as it is a manual process of raising the wipers. The purpose is to prevent your wipers from getting frozen to the windshield, however if there is going to be a lot of snow the arm could get bent from the weight, and if it is an ice storm the wiper turns into a ice block.
Personally, I think its better to leave them on the glass, as defrost would heat the glass up, in turn heating up the wipers.

Start hte car, use the fob to lock it, walk away, come back 20 minutes later, wipe/scrape off whatever is on the windshield and under the wipers, problem solved.

I did that exact same thing with my Frontier. With the Frontier, I have to use the key to start/run it, so I just keep the FOB seperate, and go back in the house and lock the doors.

Who needs remote start when you have remote locks?
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote