View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 05:36 AM   #156 (permalink)
GalaxZ.
Base Member

Drives: ‘09 VSR Big Single
GalaxZ. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDan50 View Post
So while trying to just maintain my Z I was having some intermittent oil pressure warning lights coming on so I went to change out the oil pressure sending unit which was only like $20. So yeah that went out the window and ended up costing over a grand to fix in labor and parts. While putting the new sensor in the upper oil pan, I over-torqued it and ended up cracking the pan. Wasn't a super bad crack like others I've seen while googling the problem but it was bad. Tried to plug/weld but that didn't fix it. Ended up just ordering a new upper oil pan.
Sucks that you ended up having to replace the upper, but at least you got it fixed! i'll definitely keep the torque down when I work on my oil pressure sensor. Almost done installing my Kw3's, then working on installing my Setrab 34 Row Oil Cooler. Will be running the oil cooler inlet and outlet to the thermostatic sandwich plate, and the oil feed for the turbo to a t-fitting that goes off the oil pressure sensor.

Also i'm curious if my VSR kit was an older, less revised version? Your maf sensor placement seems superior compared to mine. My passenger side piping is the same, but my maf location is on the bottom side of the pipe and extremely close to the turbo. the wires down there are pretty charred. My intake piping on the driver side is a completely different shape. It doesn't go between the power steering and coolant reservoir, it goes inwards towards the block and back out, allowing the reservoirs to be side by side. weird!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg z.jpg (91.8 KB, 41 views)
GalaxZ. is offline   Reply With Quote