View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #7651 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

So now that we will be getting our stimulus checks, I had a question:

Long story short, after I received my real estate license, my state requires that my mailing addy be publicly available, which was a big "hell no" for me, so, like most people, I got a PO Box. And since I am planning out moving out of my apartment soon anyway, I went ahead and did a forwarding addy to the PO Box.

I filed my 2019 taxes, and put the PO Box as the addy. On the IRS website, it does state ways to change the address, which does include putting the new address on the tax filing. But I still worry that human error can be made, and I definitely don't want to miss out on $$$

When sending these stimulus checks, I am assuming they go by the address on the tax returns. I always owe money so my banking info is not on there. I tried calling the number on the IRS website throughout this past week, but each time I call, I get a prompt stating due to high call volumes, they could not take my call and auto-hangs up.

Has anyone updated their address via the tax filing, and was it updated?