View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 09:47 AM   #7228 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
Hey GV, did you read about the USMC doing away with the tank battalions, allocating fewer F35's for the fixed wing, getting rid of their tube arty, and fewer infantry units?
I saw that. I need to chat with some folks in the Marine Air Command & Control system and see how they are integrating drones into the Air Support & Air Control Squadrons. I'm not surprised that they are getting rid of armor and some arty. It feels like we are getting back to our original function, attack and secure advance naval bases....

Kinda like we did in WW2.... not much need for arty when the island is 665 acres....