Thread: 2020 Base 370
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
brettallica
Base Member

Drives: 2020 370Z
brettallica is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKES Z View Post
Anyone buying 370s new anymore? I bought a 2010 370Z based for just under 30k years ago. I sold it when I got a 2015 Lexus IS 350 AWD Fsport. Anyway, now that I've been driving a Rogue that I bought new for several years, I'm thinking of picking up a Z again. What's the best price people are getting for base 6M 370s? Local place has a new base 2020 for $28,746.
I am from California, and I just bought my Z from an out-of-state dealership a few weeks ago. It delivered last Friday.

I did a ton of research, internet searching, etc. I landed on the one I wanted — specifically, one with VERY few miles and in the color I liked most — and purchased it from Mayfield's Ganley Nissan in Ohio and had it delivered on a truck. It was my first 100% online/internet new car purchase. The salesman at the dealership was very accommodating, worked with us on pricing, and made the entire process very easy. We got the price down to something that was extremely reasonable. They really wanted to move the car, as it had been in their showroom for quite some time, and apparently this car isn't too popular/desirable in that neck of the woods. My previous new car purchase was my 2006 Acura TL, which I just handed down to my older son. I bought that car brand new, drove it off the lot, and all of that business; but the process was very different at that time. iPhones didn't even exist yet, just to put in perspective how long ago it was. I remember the bluetooth feature being "cool, but I'll never use it." Ha. Oh, how wrong I was about that.

Needless to say, I was long overdue for something sporty and fun, and the Z was the perfect choice for what I was seeking. My first car when I was 16 years old was an old 1981 280ZX, so this was me coming full circle. I had been looking to save money on this vehicle purchase and not go too crazy with the midlife crisis thing, and as such I was originally looking at model years that were a year or two old. After searching through tons of offers from dealers on used vehicles, I saw how much they were asking on a pretty consistent basis and so I figured that a brand new one was just a better value for me because for not much more, you could get something new. I felt better about putting my own funk on it from the beginning of its life instead of inheriting who-knows-what from a previous owner.

Anyway, I'm loving my new Z purchase — and I hope you find something awesome in your journey as well!

Last edited by brettallica; 03-25-2020 at 10:08 PM.
brettallica is offline   Reply With Quote