View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 10:59 AM   #7067 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy View Post
The further away from retirement the better off you are, so you young guys should be fine.
1. Don’t count on your 401k as your sole source of income in retirement, as a down turn is always a possibility, we’ve seen it in 09 and now.
2. Diversify, real estate, precious metals, art, pensions, even classic cars. A junk 240z is worth 3-4K and that’s what they cost new !
3. As you near retirement go conservative with your 401 meaning more toward interest only
4. Don’t go into retirement with debt. Have your house and any needed major improvements paid for. Have a good car ( cars ) paid for. And don’t bring any high interest credit card into retirement.

This is a simple plan that works! We started to plan in our mid thirties, my wife retired at 55 and me at 63
People who are dependent on there 401k are now going to be in poor shape as compared to just 3 weeks ago. What dissolved in three weeks could take years to recover
very well said.
Investing young is the key. The rule of 72 will work for the youngins. My mom had me started with IRAs and Mutual funds at 17
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace