View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #7048 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
I was told that about Eastern Airlines back in the 80s. I put 1700 out of the 2K I invested in EAL (based on my uncle's suggestion. He was an EVP at Merrill). EAL went bankrupt 90 days later.

I bought Ruger stock with the rest and made back the 1700 I lost. It took about 4 years to pull it off though....

Now, I do my own research. The market goes up, the market goes down and you only lose money when you sell.
Those were different times. I dont remember EAL, but I do remember when you had a crapload of different airlines in the industry. All that competition was sure to squeeze companies out of business. Apple has their niche in the tech industry all to itself with respect to their products (However, Samsung does share that market, somewhat, with a different demographic)
Even with the US Airline industry, there are only a handful of companies, which makes looking over your shoulder much more easier as opposed to back in the day when not only were they looking over their shoulder, but to their left, right and ahead of them.
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace