View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #251 (permalink)
Brendan
Track Member

Drives: Poor man's Porsche
Brendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConekillerZ34 View Post
I mostly agree here, it's the addition of a bunch of new cars that would shake things up moreso than the other rule changes. New participants would be nice but not at the expense of the current participants, that's how I see it.

I don't wanna run R-comps to go to BSP
It'll probably be fine particularly if folks write in letters with nuanced thoughts, but I can't just sell this car so if things go that south I too would move into a different competition and away from autocross (which would be opposite of their goal of increasing participation).
the nice thing is we probably wont see too many even if they allow them in the class. its the same reason why there were only two cayman out there at nats last year. the car may be dominant, but they also perform really well stock with just tires. for a lot of owners it doesn't make sense to spend possibly $10k to do something unproven when the car can win in the street class. so if they let them in it will be 2021 season and then maybe another year or 2 before somebody develops a competitive platform and ruins everything lol.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote