View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 03:58 PM   #250 (permalink)
ConekillerZ34
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo Tech
ConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeConekillerZ34 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
https://www.scca.com/pages/fastrack-news
I welcome everything except the turbo BMWs Inc the Supra. If they do let them in I wouldn't sell my car or anything. I'm way too attached. I would just build it for a different class. Maybe that new XS class is where I'll end up, or focus more on open track/time attack where it appears a wider a variety of cars can be competitive.

It would be hard to match the power to weight ratio of the new turbo stuff within the limits of stu.
I mostly agree here, it's the addition of a bunch of new cars that would shake things up moreso than the other rule changes. New participants would be nice but not at the expense of the current participants, that's how I see it.

I don't wanna run R-comps to go to BSP
It'll probably be fine particularly if folks write in letters with nuanced thoughts, but I can't just sell this car so if things go that south I too would move into a different competition and away from autocross (which would be opposite of their goal of increasing participation).
ConekillerZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote