View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 08:05 AM   #6647 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
I miss being able to go fishing.
I feel for you
I have not been out since last month. But the weather is supposed to hit upper 80s this week, so I am definitely going to try and make it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Who needs a boat to go fishing? There's a creek not far from me that they stock with trout. And trout season is coming.
No need for a boat. Find a stream and do some hiking

Trout season just ended here lol... Texas Parks & Wildlife stocks a few locations across the state in Nov/Dec. Waters are generally too warm for any remaining trout by now, with the exception of the Guadalupe River below the Canyon Lake Dam.

Quote:
Sorry Rusty and no offense, but saltwater fishing > freshwater fishing
Different experiences. Incomparable for the most part. There's some amazing fresh water fishing in the world. It's also a lot easier to find good freshwater fishing in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I've done both. When ever the opportunity pops up. I'll go fishing, either salt or fresh. Ever do fly fishing? That's an art form.
I love fly fishing. I gave up every other form of fishing about 6 years ago. Stalking Bonefish on the flats is like hunting for fish. A truly unique experience.

Quote:
I give respect to those that can master fly fishing. I tried it once, and didn't have the patience for it lol
Go to an Orvis store (after this whole virus mess calms down). They will teach you for free. Then go buy a cheaper fly setup from someone else lol; Orvis is expensive, but I buy from them because they have a 25 year no-questions-asked warranty for their rods and reels.

Basic casting is easy. There are several cast varieties that take a lot of practice to master though, but they are mostly unnecessary. The real difficulty is finding the right fly for your target and presenting it properly.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |