Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 04:21 PM   #753 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
But my point is that before the media hyped it up to be racist people were ok with it. After the media started saying it was racist, people began to lose their mind and started doing stupid things. See how that works? They need to be held accountable.
True, but at the same time, I don't think any Asian person was okay with being associated with having the virus all because they are simply of Asian descent, and then the media did blow this up to be bigger than what it is. But then again, when is any form of racism, direct or indirect, ever okay?

I also think the terms used by government officials (i.e. "Kung Flu", "Chinese virus", etc.) and the media made Asian people to be walking targets.