Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 04:07 PM   #752 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
Wuhan..chinese... covid... all legitimate ways of referring to the virus. Viruses are traditionally referred to by the region of origin. There was NOTHING racist about it, until MSM made it so in order to attack the current administration...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Just like MERS (Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome). Wuhan virus, China virus, these I understand. But “Chinese” refers to the people, regardless of their geographical location. I think there’s a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
While I would normally agree with you, at the time it was called the chinese virus, it was primarily only in China and large majority infected were in fact... chinese. There still was no racist intent... stop watching CNN and msdnc
What I think cv129 is trying to say is yes, the virus did originate in China, but that does not mean all Chinese people have the virus, just as not all Asian people are Chinese, and people are associating each Chinese person to have the coronavirus and/or that the coronavirus is the Chinese people. People travel to all parts of the world everyday, including Wuhan, meaning that someone from Spain or US or another part of the world could have been at the wrong place at the wrong time in China and could have contacted the virus. Also, no one is disputing the fact that the latest coronavirus is from the Wuhan region of China, but, not everyone from the Wuhan region will have the virus.

On a separate topic, I also hear people associate the term "coronavirus" as strictly the one that originated from China, when, in fact, there have been other previous strands of the coronavirus, and the term "coronavirus" is a general term.