View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 11:56 AM   #6403 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
After doing some research to find out for myself what happened I can say this. On Saturday 3/14/20 the CDC said it was OK for a gathering of 250 people or more. On Sunday 3/15/20 they then changed it to a gathering of 50 people or more, then on Monday that was again changed to a gathering of 10 people or more. The video you saw was taken on Saturday 3/14/20 of the spring breakers on the beach. That has since been put an end too. The folks on the beach were not Millennials. They were Generation X, whatever they call them. This virus does infect and can kill the younger people. The wrong narrative was being given out by the news media. Trying to find the truth with all this bad information and fear mongering is tough. Just remember, believe non of what you hear and only half of what you see. Folks are starting to get it now. About time.
I see where you're coming from. My issue with the CDC is that why wasn't it 10 people to start with, and my issue with government officials and the general public is why isn't common sense being utilized. We are in the midst of an outbreak, yet people are going to the beaches. And the reason I said millennials is because I am literally minutes away from the west central Florida beaches (i.e. Clearwater, Ft. DeSoto, etc.) and I see the FL senator and governor stating "Spring break is over" and also see reports of "millennials thinking they are invincible", and also do see first-hand the beach population when driving by. All of south Florida beaches were closed way before the beaches of Pinellas County, which was scheduled to close this coming Monday by city officials, but luckily, the county stepped in and closed as of yesterday. Still, a little too late, no? Just in the Tampa Bay area alone, within 24 hours between this past Thursday and Friday, the number of confirmed cases jumped by 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZS-Carpenter View Post
It was a mix of Gen Y (Millennials) and gen Z (even more stupid and worthless than Gen Y)

Xers are getting old, well too old for spring break anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I'm not going to blame anyone specifically. But anyone and everyone who was in charge missed an opportunity to take this seriously - that includes every single government official in office. Not to mention the senators selling off millions in stocks and at the same time double-speak that everything will be ok; that's criminal IMO.

Look at Japan and Singapore as examples of how a government could have responded better than we did. Extremely dense populations coming through the back end already and have fewer cases than most states in the US (which is going to skyrocket as more people are tested here). You can compare those countries just to New York to see how poorly we reacted initially. We're so proud of ourselves and think we do everything right, but we fail to acknowledge when we're wrong and learn from others that do things right. I mean how can they be right if they're from another culture?