View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 07:05 AM   #6379 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I'm no fan of Trump and believe some of his (in)actions have made things worse, but I don't think we can blame all of the delayed/fubared response on him, specifically, or the federal government, in general. We and the rest of the world weren't as well prepared as we could (should) have been. And then there's the thing about We The People aren't co-operating very well. It doesn't help that we are getting confusing (and sometimes conflicting) advice from the government (that part I feel comfortable blaming on POTUS).

The only sure way to limit the effects of the virus is to declare martial law and have the National Guard and police agencies enforce quarantines - probably not the best overall solution. And certainly not an option I would want to see exercised by the current Administration.

YMMV
I'm not going to blame anyone specifically. But anyone and everyone who was in charge missed an opportunity to take this seriously - that includes every single government official in office. Not to mention the senators selling off millions in stocks and at the same time double-speak that everything will be ok; that's criminal IMO.

Look at Japan and Singapore as examples of how a government could have responded better than we did. Extremely dense populations coming through the back end already and have fewer cases than most states in the US (which is going to skyrocket as more people are tested here). You can compare those countries just to New York to see how poorly we reacted initially. We're so proud of ourselves and think we do everything right, but we fail to acknowledge when we're wrong and learn from others that do things right. I mean how can they be right if they're from another culture?

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |