View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 12:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Hey I'm with ya and wish he did listen to his advisors, as well as observing what has happened in other places of the world to be better prepared.

However, at the same token, I also do think the spreading of the this virus is inevitable. No matter how many restrictions the government places, if the people don't follow them, then all the efforts were essentially for nothing. Can't blame Trump or the government for the millennials thinking they are invincible and gathering among the masses on the Florida beaches for spring break. A lot of people are not staying in nor keeping the social distance measures. Hell, someone else posted earlier about a dude in the New England area where he went to a public convention KNOWING he had the COVID-19 virus.
After doing some research to find out for myself what happened I can say this. On Saturday 3/14/20 the CDC said it was OK for a gathering of 250 people or more. On Sunday 3/15/20 they then changed it to a gathering of 50 people or more, then on Monday that was again changed to a gathering of 10 people or more. The video you saw was taken on Saturday 3/14/20 of the spring breakers on the beach. That has since been put an end too. The folks on the beach were not Millennials. They were Generation X, whatever they call them. This virus does infect and can kill the younger people. The wrong narrative was being given out by the news media. Trying to find the truth with all this bad information and fear mongering is tough. Just remember, believe non of what you hear and only half of what you see. Folks are starting to get it now. About time.