Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 10:08 PM   #646 (permalink)
Falconquey
Track Member

Drives: Bitchin' 15 Z
Falconquey has a reputation beyond reputeFalconquey has a reputation beyond reputeFalconquey has a reputation beyond reputeFalconquey has a reputation beyond reputeFalconquey has a reputation beyond reputeFalconquey has a reputation beyond reputeFalconquey has a reputation beyond reputeFalconquey has a reputation beyond reputeFalconquey has a reputation beyond reputeFalconquey has a reputation beyond reputeFalconquey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
From the WSJ: "Deutsche Bank said gross domestic product could shrink 24% in the eurozone and 13% in the U.S. in the second quarter on an annual, seasonally adjusted basis—declines that would be the biggest in recorded history."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So, what are the odds governments, faced with such an economic situation, will start to weight the odds and relax all the lockdowns and regulation and shift this to just a hospital crisis vs worldwide economic/political meltdown? We can take a short term alteration in lifestyle, but longer term, will be disasterous for the powers that be, and they know it.

Also, I wonder how different the stats would look from year to year if the media were micromanaging and reporting the data from the common flu each year? My guess is quite similar.
Falconquey is offline   Reply With Quote