View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 05:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Hot Rod 370 Z
Base Member

Drives: 2016 Z51 Vette
Hot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond reputeHot Rod 370 Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z2Fast View Post
I have a red 2015 370z Sport Tech converted to Nismo. I had the engine built and AAM Competition Twin Turbo Kit put on. It is going on the dyno next week to get you guys numbers. This is a serious question because I don't know where to start for asking price. I have spent tens of thousands to get this done right but I know that regardless I probably won't get what I paid for upgrades. What would you pay for a Z like this??
I feel your pain. I just traded a base M7 2019 Z that was 16 months old and lost $10K... Tried to sell privately but had lots or tire kickers, people asking me to finance them and of course lots of rides to see "How fast the car is". I gave up on that and got the best trade I could. Your situation will probably be worse. I found that it will take a special buyer that will pay for some of the improvements you have made. I have owned several performance cars that I modded heavily and NEVER made the money back. When you decide to mod a car it has to be because you want to. You can never figure it into a wholesale or retail sale. A trade would kill you, as many mentioned you need a special buyer that likes the way you set up the car. It will take time and patience but you really need to sell the car privately and do not expect to see anywhere near the value of the car and mods you invested. As long as you enjoyed the car and mods that could be satisfaction enough. Best of luck and I hope it all works out.

Last edited by Hot Rod 370 Z; 03-16-2020 at 05:49 AM.
Hot Rod 370 Z is offline   Reply With Quote