View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

Gentlemen,

If you want a predictable clutch engagement on the 370z, you'll have to upgrade the clutch pedal assembly.

If you have driven many manual transmission cars, the first time you got inside a 370Z you discovered that the clutch takeup/engagement window is a nightmare to do smoothly with any predictability, without a LOT of practice. Nissan missed the boat on the clutch setup of the 370z.

I've owned a 1970 240Z, a 1984 300zx, and a 1990 300z, all manuals, and they were all a thousand times better to get off the line and shift properly through the first three gears than the 370z.

One of the best fixes is to swap out the entire clutch pedal assembly with the RJMPerformance clutch pedal assembly that changes the entire clutch experience and transforms the 370z entirely. The car is so much more enjoyable to drive with this setup. Google RJMPerformance to check it out.

I installed it in my car myself in about 2 hours, and I would never go back to the original clutch pedal assembly.

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote