View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 11:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that recently both were pretty handy. I wasn't making boost. On my 18psi map it was only hitting 15psi consistently and my afr's were off. After the whole Ebay Boost Leak check and Home made smoke test I got concerned because it did'nt find anything but was still behaving the same. Took it to a shop because I ran out of skill and lo and behold it was an exhaust leak at the header flange. Important part was I was able to observe the boost and afr behaving badly in real time as well as datalog. So I say both. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.
I have boost, oil temp, oil pressure, afr but while I was doing my diagnostics I was kinda wishing for an in car fuel pressure.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote