View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 04:49 PM   #336 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
I really like the idea of the V band, especially since you've had a few issues on that side. But from a QA perspective, it sounds to me like your mating surfaces are warped slightly, and not matching or exerting even pressure on the gasket, which is why there have been multiple problems in the same place. Converting it to allow for "pipe docking" as BettyZ describes it so perfectly might solve the issue for good.

The first two times I had no clue, the last time it was confirmed it was warped. But I look at this as an opportunity to make working on the car easier and killing the warped flange issue for good.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote