View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 04:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
wheelspeed
Base Member

Drives: Motorcycles
wheelspeed is on a distinguished road

I keep checking sites for used 370z's, but my biggest problem has been that you Z owners sure love black and white. My current truck is black, and the truck before that was black, and my car that I've had for 10 years is white. So... tired of those colors!

More important question though- Do you guys think the car has "snap over-steer"? I'm not drifting, but I do want a rear-drive car because I miss the occasional "looseness" while accelerating out of turns that I could enjoy in the my old bimmers (325 and 535) I had in the past. (In rain and snow anyways... those cars didn't have enough power to step out while accelerating out of turns in the dry. I used to let tires get real bald too since I had winter wheels with Blizzaks for that season. Quick story- I forgot to warn a friend once when I let him borrow the 325 without me in it and he looped it around because he let off the gas approaching an intersection in the rain and the LSD engine-braked both wheels. He said "my pick-up never did that!" Ha ha, his first lesson in posi rears.)

When I find a z, I wouldn't use the stickiest tires. More like 'B' performance but with some decent mileage life expectancy. So, maybe those tires have less abrupt of a traction/no traction threshold. I'd also look into a 'square' setup.

Does this car let you get a little movement under corner exit pretty safely? Or does it snap-step out and want to loop you around?
wheelspeed is offline   Reply With Quote