View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 07:10 AM   #62 (permalink)
angelm2448
Base Member

Drives: ‘10 370Z Nismo PW M6
angelm2448 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab View Post
Just to let those know.. I installed this sub in a base 2018 Z which has the smaller (‘doughnut’) spare. I had the whole system installed by local shop. The sub sits perfectly flat if you place it in. I have a small bump as the local shop put a wing nut on top of the bolt holding it down( so easy to remove if I need to access spare). If I trim the foam underneath the cardboard liner, it should be pretty flat. No rattle at all. Huge difference in the bass fill. I don’t use the remote. Had them adjust the remote so that I just adjust the Bass with the 1400NEX head unit. Used Focal PS165V1 components for mid and tweeter. Small external focal amp. All fit well and hidden behind dash. Ran in Network mode, but the local shop still used the crossovers.

Head unit has a glossy capacitive screen so a bit of glare, but have had it for a few weeks and don’t notice any problem viewing (but granted a bit of glare at times.) However, nice reactive screen.

Sub will rattle the rear view mirror easily.. all the Bass I need, although I’m not one to play it so you hear me 2 blocks over. That being said, I still need to ‘feel’ the bass.
Is there a way to see how your shop set up the sub without the controller? I’m very interested in buying and installing this in my car however, I don’t want to route and hide the remote somewhere. Thanks
angelm2448 is offline   Reply With Quote