Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 06:24 PM   #190 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
The only way to contain this is to be mindful, considerate and diligent. Under estimating this virus won’t do anybody any good.
You would think. There are currently 2 cases in Florida, 1 of which is my area. From what the local news outlet reported, this person is a 20-year-old female who RECENTLY went to northern Italy and came back with the virus. Why in the world would you go to a place with a major outbreak? The virus didn't happen overnight and it's been some time since the outbreak. Furthermore, why would the US let her back into the country after visiting another country with a known issue AND having contracted the virus, and let her go about her way? The news outlet also stated she is being isolated at her home, however, this is extremely subjective. Is anyone monitoring to ensure she stays home and keeping herself isolated? This is, of course, just my thoughts and opinion (disclaimer covered).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
I was born and raised in Hong Kong. So while I was raised under heavy English and western influence
A fellow Asian. So tell me, are you experiencing any looks/racist remarks due to this sh!t? lol because I am. I was born and raised in Florida, but I guess my eyes make it seem otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Once healthy, middle-age people start dying in droves, then I will continue to not worry. My immune system is either good enough or it's not. Hand sanitizer is not the solution.
I agree, but it see this two ways. This sh!t is serious, but the media is making this into a bigger issue. IMO, I believe that nature will take its course and the survival of the fittest theory. Though I think the masks, antibacterial soaps, hand sanitizer, etc. all have an influence on the severity of how it's spread and on the suffering of the individual should they contract the virus, but at the end of the day, I also feel as if these items only provide a greater false sense of security. It's like wheel locks - they are theft-deterrent to a certain degree, but if someone really wanted your wheels, there are ways around the wheel locks. Again, this is just my thoughts and opinion (disclaimer covered).

Last edited by vtec to vvel; 03-03-2020 at 06:27 PM.
vtec to vvel is offline   Reply With Quote