View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #118 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle64b View Post
I added 3" PVC to before and after the rectangular transition. A minor airflow obstruction, but it's the best I have right now and it seems to hold up. Playing with the idea an aluminum transition piece or something like that through the transition to completely prevent collapse. Right now, the tubing bends slightly inward through the transition.

I do not have stock pulleys. The 9psi pulley is the commonly added one, but my SC side pulleys are the high traction versions from Vortech. If they do indeed eat belts like I've been told, I may order the standard pulleys and swap them out since I still daily the Z.

Logs also showed that I was starting to lean out on top. Investigation yielded that my fuel pressure was 10 psi low, so I corrected that. Weather permitting, I am hoping to hit the tuning hard on Friday.
You went smaller on the jackshaft pulley, sc side?

I haven't seen any issues with vortech high traction pulleys eating belts. The 928 high traction pulley I had destroyed one of my belts but it was a sprayed on coating that was like 80 grit sandpaper.

I recommend the gates k080220rpm belt. I'm using smooth pulleys at almost 17 psi with no belt slip. With the standard k080220 belt I had crazy belt slip with smooth pulleys even at 13 psi.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote