Thread: Pothole Damage
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 04:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey127 View Post
I just got home (past 2 a.m.) from a towing truck. Long story but I just want to take care of it in the morning.

So I hit a pothole on the highway and got a warning of tire pressure few minutes later. The first tire I checked was TOTALLY flat (passenger rear). Putting air came out immediately from a hole on the sidewall. The passenger front rims are broken. Which is what scared me.

My question is, what do I do? If the damage is so bad that it broke my rims, do I bring to dealer to check other damages or just change the tires and rim? I wouldn't know what a damage suspension feels like when driving. I'm short of cash and wondered if there are things to have to tell the dealers or tire shop check. I honestly don't want either to rip me off since I'm broke now. So who do I go to and what do I tell them?

Thanks in advance. I'll call Tire Rack in the morning for the rims and hopefully get a response of what else to do.
Sorry to see this be thankful you are ok but from my own driving experience in New York a lot of the roads there are awful. Definitely get to know the roads you will be driving on is a good rule of thumb there so you can avoid some possible scenarios driving. Whatever side you drove over if passenger side you may have to replace both wheels because driving over a pothole can put a not only bend your wheels but they can make them out of round and the balance of the wheel can be off. Look forward to replacing both tires as potholes can and will destroy your tires. If the damage is that bad then you definitely knocked off your alignment and I would look for a reputable and competent shop to have an alignment done immediately. Hope you did not damage your struts and shocks they are expensive to replace. My advice would be bring your Z to a reputable shop you trust to have them diagnose any possible damage and go from there. A Nissan dealership service department is an option if you trust them that is?

Last edited by Quicksilvers; 03-02-2020 at 05:02 AM.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote