View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
2fast4thelaw
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport/MT6
2fast4thelaw will become famous soon enough

Why did you go with a 6-channel EQ? I plan on only speakers in the stock location for now; maybe a sub later. Do you still have the focal speakers for sale?[/QUOTE]

The 6-channel EQX was exactly what I needed. I am using only the Subwoofer and Front speaker channels on the EQX as my rear speakers are running off of the head unit amplifier.

EQs like this are an advanced piece of equipment used to flatten the audio in-car response, In other words to reduce unwanted frequencies and boost desired frequencies to get a very balanced sound. I have found the smaller the cabin of the car the more an EQ can make a difference.

Now my next move is to tame down a few rattles from my custom floor. I have to vent the floor slightly to let my subwoofer breath a little better. The subwoofer vent from my enlosure is nearly blocked.

I still have the set of Focal K2P speakers but I have a plan to use them. I am considering buying my wife a new or a gently used Maxima and I might put them in her new Max along with my spare Alpine 4 channel amp. I also have a Focal Access 15" sub brand new in the box that I want to play with too. I might try an infinite baffle setup using the trunk as an enclosure.