Thread: CAI worth it?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 08:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
rspray2000
Base Member

Drives: 2013 T/S Roadster AT
rspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond reputerspray2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
The car will run (see Rusty's comment above) and will, in many cases, run well. Just depends on how far out you are from where the ECM can compensate. The more extreme your mods are, the more likely you are to have a problem. In some cases, you could run lean enough to cause problems. I would avoid WOT until I got a tune.

But you will not be getting the performance you will get with a tune - you will be wasting a lot of potential gains. If you're going to all the trouble and expense to mod both sides, you might as well spend some bucks to make them work together.
OK thanks to you and Rusty. I figured, and totally will be getting the tune, as I’ve already got a deposit down with a group here in New England for Moncef to come dyno tune a bunch of us in April. Can’t wait!
rspray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote