Thread: Boosted or not
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
pck823
Base Member

Drives: 16 Nismo 6MT
pck823 is on a distinguished road
Default Boosted or not

Hey everyone! Been lurking for a little while. Subjective of course, but I'm having a tough time of picking between a black single-turbo 2011 (super-minty) or an equally nice pearl white 16 Nismo with top-shelf suspension.

2011 - love the fact that it's already got a BP single turbo kit and a ton of other nice mods. Coilovers are mid-grade BC BR's, super low miles, drive ready. Con's I see is older car (value), stock OEM bumpers (non-Nismo), exhaust may be a little on the loud side (FI CBE with CF mufflers).

2016 - love the suspension set up (Motion Control Systems 2-way w/ remote reservoirs), billet UCA's, end links, camber arms, toe links, high-end paint correction and ceramic coating, oil cooler, (custom) exhaust, tech package so things like BT, nav (nice to have/not a must-have).

Car will not be a DD...north GA mountains on nice weekends, MAYBE some track days, but otherwise a toy to take out when it's nice and I don't feel like riding a motorcycle...

I'm not financing so I'm not looking at loan to value, but I am acutely aware that my track record for flipping cars (not necessarily at a profit :/ ) may allow greater investment recovery with the Nismo...

So here's a question - the 2011 is modded and I'm confident that the work has been done exceptionally well. Would YOU buy a modded car assuming the same caveat or would you prefer to mod yourself? Just trying to consider re-sale down the road...

Either way, I'm gonna have big fun - I live in the same town as Z1!
pck823 is offline   Reply With Quote