View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 12:46 AM   #123 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think the dash issue is related to the material having some kind of chemical reaction/deterioration due to aging. My car was under a car cover in the garage in very mild temperature in SOCAL for 2 months. I cleaned it with the 303 aerospace protectant before covering the car. It was nice, but it turned grayish now. The car cover didn't come off during this time period.

The sun/heat obviously would cause the dash to become sticky, but the root cause is likely the material used for the dash is deteriorating due to aging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I don't think UV is the cause. Probably doesn't help matters but I don't believe it is the root problem. It happens to too many garaged cars to be a UV problem, unless the Alcantera is terribly sensitive (since other Nissan models don't seem to suffer as bad, I don't think that's the case).

I didn't use any chemicals when cleaning the dash, so I think I can rule that out. Used mild window cleaners and sprayed on cloth, not directly on window.

My guess is that heat is the culprit - I usually drive with A/C off and windows down so my dash can get pretty hot on sunny days.
nis350 is offline   Reply With Quote