Thread: MAF Sensors
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

In preparation to clean out the TB's, I bought some updated torque wrenches (the ones I have are old and are probably in need of calibration anyway), including an inch/pound torque wrench, torx wrenches, and updated allen wrenches. I also even got dielectric grease for the battery post/terminal for when disconnecting and ordered new O-rings for the TB's. Just had a few more questions:

1. I read that the job will be much easier if I remove the engine strut bar and engine cover. Does this need to be taken off even if I am taking off the TB's themselves?
2. This one is for Jarblue (and anyone else with experience) - earlier you mentioned that I could move around the butterfly valve when cleaning, and it wouldn't be an issue when re-installing?
3. This one is also for Jarblue (and also for anyone else with experience) - other than the possible relearn of the accelerator pedal position, is there any other relearn procedures I will have to complete?