View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 08:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Girald
Base Member

Drives: 15' 370z SpTech 6MT
Girald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond repute

i hate to be the skeptic, but swapping out for a spring bucket-less "true coilover" rear setup sounds like riding the fine line of potential failure.

i ask myself: how many other cars have failed doing this, and why did nissan go this route to begin with? Also, why would i want to delete my spring bucket when A: spl makes spring bucket midlinks, B:many brands make coilovers spec'ed for Zs with spring bucket configurations as standard (you have to go looking for true rears).

i understand that others have tracked their cars on true coilover setups.. but why would the designers spend more money CAD'ing in a second load point rather than reinforce the shock mount locations? it may not snap the metal, but i can imagine that it is adding a tremendous amount of stress..