Thread: MAF Sensors
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 11:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by asht View Post
Just be careful cleaning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am actually really hesitant/nervous about doing it. I read that it's not part of the recommended maintenance item, and done extensive research about it on both this forum and the G37 forum, and seeing mixed information/stories about cleaning them.

I'm reading from some people are disconnecting the battery, while others don't and that disconnecting will require the relearn procedure; to the relearn procedure not being necessary; to moving the butterfly will mess up the ECU's calibration; to replace/not replace the o-ring, to leaving the TB on/take then off when cleaning, etc.

I've seen youtube videos and seems like a straightforward process, but the differing/contradictory information is what's stopping me.