View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fritts
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370z Nismo
Fritts is on a distinguished road
Default Crazy P0335 issue ?!?

P0335 issue.

2010 Touring Sport (AT)

Flexplate cracked about 8 months ago - installed a new flex plate and the car ran like normal till about a week ago.

Week ago, it started sputtering and would not rev past 3500 and the traction control light came on and it felt like power steering was lost... Checked the ECU and got the P0335 error.

Replaced the sensor with an aftermarket one, it starts up but as soon as the car warms up - it starts spitting p0335 and runs like crap. I checked various forums and also facebook, people are putting a washer on the sensor to space it back a little to fix this issue. I tried that, and it worked for about 30 minutes then started spitting the p0335 error.

Next was to buy an OEM sensor. OEM Sensor installed, car takes about 6 seconds to start and then it start spitting the p0335 error immediately. Put a washer on it to try that -- no change, still takes for ever to start and p0335 is immediate. Bought an OEM Crank sensor from Nissan, Z1 and even pulled one from my other Z. All 3 OEM sensors took for ever to start the car and p0335 being sent out immediately .

Now we check the wiring, I used the Tech Service Manual from nioclub and wiring checks out...

Finally - we pulled the trans to check the flexplate. We don't see any damage to the flexplate but I went ahead and ordered another from Z1 and it will arrive today...

Before I change the flexplate - any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Fritts is offline   Reply With Quote